Saturday, January 17, 2009

What Goes Around, May Not Necessarily Comes Around

You may have heard this idiom of "What goes around comes around." It is some sort of karma, where is whatever deeds that you have done, God will pay cash one day while you were still alive. The afterlife judment, that will be another question.

But I wouldn't much agree with it. And it seems, much people misinterpreted it in much ways. Okay lets take an example (well this was certainly an actual quote, I got it from erm...somebody).

"You must remember ...... (put down a necessary name, if you please, you can put yours as well), what goes around comes around. You must remember you still have .... (mother/sisters/children/anything that important to you), i cannot blame anybody if anything happens to them."

Which is, in a way, pissed me off, as it sounds like a threat to me. And as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't much agree with it. Let me tell you why.

1. God will never punish other people for any wrong doings that you have done. Or vice versa. Your sins is yours to burden, you just can't simply cast your burdens on other people.

Another example.

"Kesian makcik tuh kan anak dia kene ......... (whatever miserable things that might happen). Nih sure pasal mase dia muda2 dulu die pun sama jugak ......... (bla bla bla you know what i mean anyway)."

2. And who are us to judge whatever test or engagement that God has given to us? Whatever happens to that makcik, is not for us to judge. Whether it is related to her sins in the past, we may never know, for that is the work of God, and He alone understand the good and bad of the consequences.

Okay, this sounds much like a ceramah agama already. I'm quitting before anybody call me Ustaz!

No comments: