Sunday, August 2, 2009

Review of iPhone apps #1

I've downloaded a total of 117 apps already. When I first get the phone, I promised to myself I will get only the free apps from the iTunes. But what can I say, I'm just a normal guy with a credit card.

Okay stop the yapping already. Let's get straight to the point.

Facebook


The best ever installed. However its only offers the main features, which means no stupid quizzes or whatever annoying things that people love to update on the main post. And if you don't logout from your account, it will keep you update just like a push mail or sms.

There's an alternative if you refused to install the apps of course. You can just simply go the websites through your Safari browser, and you can even choose between the iPhone webpage or the normal one. Still, it doesn't support flash, which means no Mafia Wars or Restaurant City. sighh..

Worms


Can you ever imagine you can play Worms on your phone one day? 10 years ago I thought it was something impossible, but just take a look at where we are now.

The game is similar to the what has been offered to the PCs years ago. The same "Incomingggg!" yelling, the same funny killing your opponent by baseball, and the same funny "Aahhhh" yelling when you've being blasted far away out of the screen by the Halelujah bomb.

The drawback is, it is kinda hard to control. I mean sometimes when you tap it twice to do the backflip, the phone detected as a single tap and you ended up jumping to the front, which sometimes sucks because in front of you there is a mine, or worse the sea and you ended up dead. You know what I mean if you ever played the game.

And there is no mission. Sucks. After several times of single or multiplayer games, you will get bored already. But perhaps it will be upgraded in the future.

And it will cost you USD4.99. Sucks, because it cost me that much, but I couldn't resist. They were soo cute. LOL.

Kuala Lumpur


Three Words. Don't Buy It! Or on a second thought, Buy It, because I don't want to be the only one who feels cheated!

Stupid apps I might say. Even the Google Maps is much better. And it cost you (and me) USD0.99. Damn it. I should've read the review first.

Maybank2u


This apps is kinda useful. Showing you through the Google Map the nearest location of ATMs and Branches near you, plus it also can show you the nearest location of the restaurant that offers you treats Privileges, but you have to install the buUuk Makan apps to be able to do this. And its free, so no hurting while trying.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition


The hillarious Monkey Island series reborn on iPhone! This is the future to be installed on my phone because I'm out of the budget right now, thehehe, but soon! And it will cost me USD7.99. Blerghh is it worth it? I hope its worth it.

Okay that is long enough for the moment. Will be back with more reviews.

2 comments:

Dils said...

what ? Worms? My old Sony Ericson W550i ade jugak game worms (already loaded into the phone) and can tukar mission also.

iceroll said...

Seriously? How come I didnt know of this? Rupanye aku yg ketinggalan. Haha