Monday, July 27, 2009

Yasmin Ahmad R.I.P.

This entry might abrupt anger among you readers, but I hope you will read this to the end.

I never fancied Yasmin Ahmad. Ok maybe I lied a little bit there. I do fancied her during her early works, with the ads that coming on our tv screens, especially during any festive eves. It were so brilliant, made us think for a second about life and such, and before we realized it we started to anticipate for her ads everytime the festive seasons coming.

And then that's it. I stopped liking her works after her movie debut, Sepet. Most of us thought it was a brilliant piece of work. I thought it was a brilliant piece of work. It just I don't like the idea of the movie. So does her other works. I don't quite agree how she interpreted Islam in her movies. It is a dangerous thing to play with. It's not even a play thing. We are not suppose to play with the thing that we do not know. I have never gone out to the toilet in the middle of a movie play. I think it a waste. You got a plenty of time to do your pee before or after the movie. But while watching Gubra, for the first time in my life, ok maybe I exegerate it too much, for the first time in my life as far as I can remember, I gone out to the toilet, in the middle of the movie. I just can't swallow it anymore.

Nevertheless, she is a great director, with a brilliant vision and idea in her mind. She inspired, she got followers, she has a lot of admirers, and the most important thing, she put our movie industry one step ahead. Maybe two steps, or maybe a significant leap. She will be missed by us, and some already have.

Rest in peace, Yasmin Ahmad. Al-Fatihah.

3 comments:

Sir Copper Jr said...

aku stuju bab movie tu.. mende x perlu pon dia saje letak.. cam nak carik kontraversi..

tapi iklan dia terbaik la..
al-fatihah

Ella said...

btul btul dan btul... tp tanak ckp byk sbb dia dah meninggal.. semoga rohnye dicucuri rahmat.

iceroll said...

Tuh laa. Ape2 pun kehilangannye dirasai