Saturday, September 19, 2009

Melancholy

Ana shouted to my face.

"Why Asrol, why? Why did you do this to me? After everything bad I've done, why you still help me?"

I'm confused. Why the hell she shouting at my face for? I'm the one who supposed to be pissed, not her. Besides, can't she tell?

I looked straight at her face, deep inside her eyes. I tried to find the strength to tell her the truth. The truth why I was always by her side. The truth why I picked calls from her late at night listening to her babbling about Eric. The truth about how I drove 35 kilometers at 2 o'clock in the morning to her house just to accompany her because she got a fight with that guy. The truth.. about everything.

I took a deep breath.

"You know why."

Her face changed at the sudden. I knew she knew. And she knew it all this while, but heart kept telling her to deny it.

"You love me?"

There was a silence at a moment, and then, slowly, I nodded.

"And you'll do anything just to make me happy?"

"Yeah." It was short, but I felt like being stripped off my clothes, and everybody in the whole world could see my butt ugly naked.

There you go. The worst confession I ever had. And suddenly I couldn't stand the awkwardness of the situation, it might be better if I just leave.

"Good bye Ana. It's been a pleasure knowing you all this while. I hope, one day you will meet the man of your dream, who will make you happy, just like the story you've been telling us."

And I turned around. I couldn't afford to let her seeing me crying. And with all the might and strength that I still have, I walked away, step by step. She just stood still there, not knowing what to do.

I walked away slowly, hoping that some miracle might happen although I gave up on it long time ago. And for a moment, I was right, before suddenly she shouted,

"Wait!"

I stopped.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happens,u take care.

Reduan said...

fuh, can't wait to know the what happened then...

Dils said...

mane continuation?

iceroll said...

Ahh ade jgk org baca rupanye. Haha. the series will have to wait. Sorry