Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nice Guys Are Winners Before the Game Ever Starts

I watched a video sent by a friend of mine, where there is this one chinese lady being robbed by a group of men on a broad daylight! It was frightening, I can't imagine having a house of my own with a situation like this. It is not save anymore outside there. You can no longer trust anybody, yet trusting a stranger.

There was some time in my life that I don't believe the above title. Good men don't exist. Hell is paved with good samaritans, just like William Holden said.

But one day, my dad came home before he realized that he left his wallet, probably in a public toilet in Bangsar. He went back there only to find out it was not there anymore. There was somewhat like RM1000 plus in his wallet, plus very important cards and infos in it. There is nothing much we could do. We tried to track his way back to the last place he remembered the wallet with him, but to no avail it was nothing.

It was night already, and we were prepared to make a police report, before suddenly my dad received a phone call from a stranger.

"Encik nih Gazali ke?"
"Ye saya."
"Encik ada hilang wallet tak?"
"Ada2."
"Wallet encik ada pada saya nih. Saya ada dkt Cheras. Dtg la amik."


We waited no more. We rushed there and several minutes later we arrived and being greeted by a young man in his 20's.

"Encik Gazali ye? Nih ha wallet encik. Sori laa saya selongkar nak carik no phone. Saya dah call byk nombor semua kata bukan. Nasib baik jumpa nombor nih."

We felt so grateful. My dad checked his wallet, and all the money plus the cards were all there. Feeling thankful, my dad gave RM100 to that young man, but he politely refuse to except it.

"Ikhlas bang."

But I thought, why??

He answered me, "Saya nak tunjukkan dalam dunia nih ada lg org baik. Jadik saya mulakan dgn diri saya dulu."

Well, I was stunned. I never thought good men still exist. I thought they always finish last.

Come to think of it, I have met them myself several times before, especially when my bike broke down in the middle of nowhere. My bike got it tyre punctured at least once every month! And to my surprise, everytimes it happen, there will always somebody will stopped by and offered their helps. And sometimes, they knew nothing much they could do about it, but still they will stopped by and asked if anything that they can do.

I believe it now. It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts. I believe, if you want somebody to do something, especially something good, you must start it with yourself.

7 comments:

Dils said...

*clap* *clap*

iceroll said...

Tuh pujian ke ape? hehe

artakus said...

Cerita yang menarik. One in a million..

p4 said...

so any good things you've done lately?

iceroll said...

p4: Maybe, but I doesn't worth mention.

neo said...

very inspiring.

thx 4 sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]iceroll.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me show you one truth. Recent Scientific Research points that almost 70% of all United States grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.