Sunday, July 8, 2012

Perth Darul Awesome trip - The Planning

Yauuzaaa! Yes we went to Perth last 2 weeks, and it was awesome. I mean damn Perth is like a Utopia, maybe not like a Utopia but close. After what we have heard and experienced in our own country we felt not safe anymore and somehow when we were there Perth seems like the epitome of community. Damn safe I tell you. I can leave my Geox shoes at the outside of the house and nobody gonna steal it. And the house doesn't have any fences either. But we'll come back to that later.

I bought 2 return tickets for me and my wife via AirAsia last January and it cost me RM1600. Pretty cheap, but I've heard some people can get it even cheaper. As low as RM500 return per person. Anyway back the topic.

Since then we've been planning on where to go and what to do, doing research and doing a lot of blog reading. Surprisingly there were quite a few blogs telling people their experiences when travelling in Perth, and we found it quite useful. Plus we got a friend who his wife just started pursuing her further studies in Perth, so maybe we can stop by and says hello or something.

So we asked around what the weather will be and how is the best way to move around, pretty much we found out the best way to move is by renting a car, and we should get prepared with some jackets because it gonna be pretty damn cold there in June.

We found a website which offers pretty good deal in car renting. If you, yes I mean you the not so many my readers, plan to go to Perth and rent a car, this website might interest you. Check on this website:

http://www.carhireperthairport.com.au/

They offered a vast variety of cars with good prices, in extremely good condition, easy to pick up and send back, and you just have to pay 10% of the rental price for booking and the rest when you pick up the car. We booked for a Hyundai Getz with manual transmission for AUD31 per day but they threw us a blue Hyundai i30 with Auto transmission instead. Nice car, my wife love it so much she even considered to get one when we got back home. But it gonna cost us RM97k so I said forget it. And you can also add in GPS if you like and it is highly suggested that you take it, but make sure it is working. Ours? It died on us on the 4th day of our trip and we have to rely 100% on my wife's Iphone's Google Map then.

Our ride

My ride. If you know what I mean.

Driving in Perth is pretty much easy. They drive on the left side of the road, pretty much same like us, plus their drivers were so polite if they see somebody is crossing the road from miles away they already hit the break. The hard thing about driving in Perth is not looking for ways, but to comply to the speed limit. Yes, these people are law abiding citizen when it comes to driving. Maybe because there are speed trap anywhere you go. I read a blog where this dude being ticketed for driving 92 kmph at 90 speed limit. Damn.

Our plan was to stay for couple of days in Fremantle before heading south and then north. The last days in Perth will be spent with my wife's favourite activity of course, shopping what else.

So the do's of don'ts.
1. Entering Australia will require you to apply for ETA (Electronic Travelling Authority). You can simply apply it through website, they got even an online wizard to guide you on how to apply. The damage? AUD20. Go here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

2. Don't bring any milk products. That means no freaking Milo, Nescafe or whatever instant coffee or chocolate drink that you have. I don't know what is the deal with the Aussie's authority and their milk product, I just don't know.

3. Maggi/instant noodles are OK. No problemo.

4. If possible do all the necessary booking as early as possible. You might get some discounts.

5. If possible bring along a lot of chili sauces in packets, because chili sauces here ain't cheap I tell you.


1 comment:

naz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.